Career as a English Teacher
Title: English Teacher
Reporting to: Kindergarten School
Details of Position: English Teacher
You will be responsible for delivering quality lessons to our Kindergarten School students. We are looking for teachers who are positive, active and outgoing who have a passion for education. School constantly gives teachers the opportunity to learn more about teaching through an array of different training programs. Through these training programs School has different career paths to offer.
Requirements to Teach English in Beijing China:
- English: Speaks English at an idiomatic level
- Degree: Bachelors or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
- Experience: No experience required for Junior Teacher, 2 years experience required for Senior Teacher.
- TEFL / other teaching certificate
- Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
- Age : 18-40 ( Work visa requirement)
Responsibilities for Teachers in Beijing China:
- Student age range: 1.5 – 12 years old.
- Class size: 10 – 14 students in one class.
- Class length: 40 minutes to 1 hour containing various creative teaching techniques.
- Working Hours: 36 Hours (Wed – Sun Work Week); office hours, training and teaching hours.
- Curriculum: CLIL (Content Learning Integrated Language) formed curriculum, Chinese teachers provide Standard English language classes, and foreign teachers provide different subject classes for students to express English language. Lesson guides and Flipcharts for interactive whiteboards are provided. Training on curriculum is provided initially and throughout the year.
- Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher for each class.
- Training: 10 – 14 hotel paid days initial training in Beijing (training is paid based on performance) / On-going training throughout the year – provided by training department team of teachers (Foreign and Chinese).
What We Offer our Teachers:
- Airfare to China: Flight is provided.
- Visa: Assistance in sponsored legal Z Work Visa in your home country and in China.
- Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance.
- On boarding: Ground service assistance.
Your compensation will include:
Net Monthly income: USD 2200 – 2900 (RMB 15,000 – 20,000) *
- Base Salary: USD 1400 – 1900 (RMB 10,000 – 13,000) *
- Relocation bonus: One-time payment – paid on first pay slip USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
- Housing: Monthly stipend USD 580 (RMB 4,000).
- Bonus: Monthly bonus every month – calculated by teacher’s performance data *
- Airfare Bonus: Provided once contract is fulfilled USD 1100 (RMB 8,000).
- Demo class bonus: USD 9 (RMB 60) for each student signed up.
- Over time: Amount stipulated in handbook by school.
- Insurance: Basic Chinese health insurance.
- Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays off, Christmas and New Year’s Day off.
- Annual Holiday: 1st year teacher has 3 paid days’ annual leave.
- Sick Leave: 5 paid days’ sick leave.
Other benefits include:
- Organized team-building activities
- Personal Career Development Planning
*Subject to working location details will be specified during the interview process with the recruiter or school.